Sunday 11 September 2011

Tasty Morsels For Your Delectation


So each Monday I come into my office to find a new sign, printed out on an A4 piece of paper, stuck on the walls around the office. They provide a slogan for the week to live by. They are so fantastic that they need to be shared with the world. I will update this blog entry each week with the tasty tidbits, or possibly write a new entry each week, not sure. Either way you will be able to keep right up to date with the goings on of the Office Tasty Tidbits! Gradually you will see how fantastic they are and before you know it they will become the mantra for your life.

  • Week 32 - Why not ask - I read this and asked what is this about. At this stage not realising the benefits of this new philosophy of weekly instalments I left it at that. Oh how wrong I was, but read on for further tidbits to see the benefits of this new lifestyle choice.
  • Week 33 - Why not update software you installed - Again the benefits of the 'why not' ethos were still to creep into my life. Most people in this company have a PC without admin rights so are unable to install any software themselves.
  • Week 34 - Why not shred once read. It was becoming clear that there was a message to be heard in these abstract wall hangings. I read this sign and promptly shredded it. As I say once you get into this philosophy you want to practice it every waking moment.
  • Week 35 - Why not talk not text. I read this and promptly texted it to everyone. Once realising my mistake I texted everyone to apologise.
  • Week 36 - Why not use OTA Mail - to this day no-one actually knows what OTA stands for. The closest we have come to guessing is that it might be 'Over The Air' email, or hooking up your Android phone to read your corporate email? We are not sure, but if it is this has anyone actually ever described this as OTA mail? I thought it might be a dyslexic representation of OAT mail, which is an ancient form of communication in which all communication is transcribed on oats before consumption. It never really caught on as by the time you had written your mail on oats you were starving and the said person who transcribed the message quite often ending up eating it. As far as a means of message distribution, recycled oat messages were far from pleasant to read ;-)
  • Week 37 - Why not confirm the caller. After reading this I walked up to a chap in the park who was calling out to his dog to confirm who he was. He freaked out a bit thinking I was either a. a policeman or b. trying to chat him up. I showed him the sign from the wall and all was made apparent. He ran off in another direction as fast as he could but I think he got the message. I am pretty sure he is on board and with the program now.
As you can see there appears to be a common theme. They all start with 'Why not'. There is also another common theme - They are all life changing. Once you follow these simple rules life as you know it will change forever. Forget every iPhone launch changing everything once a year, or so, this changes everything ONCE A WEEK!

You know you want to be a part of this. Get on board and consume these tasty morsels and incorporate them into every minute of your existence. You will be happier for it ;-)

Delectation

Why not have fun?

Cheers

m

1 comment: