Sunday 26 June 2011

So Much Has Been Going On The Garden And I have Had No Time To Keep Up Blogging!

Hortensia Flowering

The Garden is still going mental with the onset of summer! I am struggling with time to keep up the blogging though! I need to add a backlog and slowly cross things off the list when I get a chance to write them up. So here is a gardening backlog, well sort of a backlog ;-)
  • The hedge cuttings are taking hold, but which ones worked best?
  • Recap on last autumns scarifying. Here's a quick summary - it's worked a treat!
  • The hollyhocks, my favourites, are back with a flourish!
  • The survival of the lupins after the slug attacks - there is talk of a movie about this ;-) The lupins will be 100 feet tall and the slugs at least 50 ;-)
  • Learning about compost - this is a doozy ;-)
  • The holly being attacked by mould and protective ants!
  • Identifying the many plants that spring up out of nowhere in my garden - I don't do this particularly well but I try.
I tell you it never lets up in the Summer garden.

Oh well must dash again. Need to water the pot plants and cuttings as they will be suffering after all of this heat! Sure we have had a couple of weeks of rain, but it doesn't take long for the plots to dry out!

Ciao for now

Cheers

m

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the hedge update... I'm going to have to grow a new one myself next year and I figured best to learn from someone else's experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Ben,

    Will keep you posted ;-) About half have died :-( and it could be a struggle over the hot days this mopnth, if we have any, but will keep you posted. If I have half of them work out though I will be happy.

    ReplyDelete