Monday 13 June 2011

Summer's First Hollyhock!

Summer's First Hollyhock!

Today the first flower on our Hollyhocks came into bloom. These plants are possibly my favorites in our garden. I will post more details about them later, but for now they are finally coming into bloom. You can see a few more buds about to burst free above the first.

Looking around the rest of our garden there is only one other plant so far showing signs of blooming, so a lot more still to come.

Oh, I also potted the final hedge cuttings I took about a month ago. This last batch I had standing in water for the past month to see if they would root. They don't seem to have, at least not very well, but I have potted them anyway. Let's see how they all go. Quite a few of the others I have taken have not made it, but there are still some on the go.

Anyway busy, busy, busy at the moment so not a great deal of time to post!

More later,

Have fun,

Cheers

m

No comments:

Post a Comment