Wednesday 9 November 2011

The Garden Is Slowing Down For Winter Hibernation

Not your typical autumn colour - Aster Amellus 'Sonia' - Michaelmas Daisy

So right now the garden is really slowing down for its winter hibernation. I finished the lawn scarifying and trimmed the hedges the other weekend. I think that will be the last attention that the hedges get until next Spring. I probably have to mow the lawn and do the edges one more time. Then the odd piece of clean up of dead perennials, but that's it. Things have really started to time out for winter.

I should probably protect my hedge trimmings from the cold and possible snow, but I didn't do this last year and all of them made it through the coldest winter in living memory, so probably won't do anything different this year either! If I know that it is going to hit -18 degrees Celsius again this winter I might move them inside the garage for the cold spell ;-)

So all in all the gardening blog entries will probably diminish for a while. Never mind there will be mobile related blogs! Yay! Well maybe not. I am sort of on a small hiatus with the mobile stuff right now. Things aren't inspiring me to write about mobile currently. It's not that I am over mobile technology, I think that it is just at the moment I feel so far removed from it that I don't get day to day inspiration from it. Currently I feel about as far away from mobile development as I have in a long time! Possibly since I started working in mobile almost 20 years ago! Crazy .... almost 20 years is a long time!

So for the time being, until inspired again, mobile blogs will possibly be thin on the ground as well for a little while.

I still love writing though. I find it to be a great escape and it is probably my largest hobby. I might not do it well but I have done a lot of it! ;-) So I think this blog might well become a little more eclectic over the coming months. Think I will blog about stuff in general as opposed to a specific category, or possibly categories of content. I was looking through a book I wrote in 2004/5. I might even rehash some of the content from there. Might at least rehash some of the photos.

So I guess for the next while you had better watch out for random crap as opposed to mobile crap and gardening crap ;-)

Cheers

m

5 comments:

  1. Perhaps you could blog about Peter's intro into the world of mobile technology. I am guessing a tablet or smart phone is on his christmas list. Just kidding. I like the random stuff. My all-time favorite blog of yours was about the soap dispensers that didn't work. That was long ago. It inspired me to vandalize a bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That made me laugh! Glad I inspired vandalism ;-)

    That is a good idea though - mobile through the eyes of an 8 month old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I just went back to try and find that soap dispensing blog entry. When Y! 360 closed down they allowed you to move your blog to Y! Pulse. I did this and was only clicking few a few old blog entries a few months ago. It seems that they have now closed the Y! pulse blog as well. A shame that they didn't tell me about it! I would have manually exported all my blogs. I have done a few anyway but never completed the task.

    That is a lot of blogs I wrote that are now gone! I hate Yahoo! :-(

    That being said the collective intelligence of the internet, with the removal of my old blog, has gone up a few notches ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes my old blogs were far too many to copy manually so they are all gone.
    I am sorry yours are lost. I loved reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I copied out 360 of them into a 'book' (more just a word document) titled '360 on 360'. So I think I still have 360 blogs somewhere on my hard drive. What was difficult though was to maintain the links between blogs. Not sure I ever did that. So still have them somewhere. Maybe I should release as a kindle ebook!

    Glad you enjoyed reading them.

    ReplyDelete