Wednesday 4 January 2012

A Mobile Network Should Partner With Twilio In Europe


With Twilio gradually moving into Europe with it's SMS and Voice API's (also available in the UK with SMS launching soon) I wonder who their SMS aggregator is? A forward thinking mobile network could get in on some of the developer fueled SMS innovation by partnering with Twilio. As I have regularly pointed out the mobile networks are having one of their last bastions of hope continually eroded by application developers. Application developers who use Twilio API's as well.  I have often cried out that SMS is not dead, however it will be an ever decreasing revenue source to mobile networks if they don't do something to invigorate it! Hey how about group messaging ;-)

I will be interested to see the SMS pricing offered by Twilio in Europe to see if it is competitive. Keep an eye out here.

I will also be intrigued to see who might acquire Twilio. SMS and voice are the only common features across all mobiles. As far as some of the larger scale Internet companies who might want to engage users in the mobile space, Twilio might be a competitive advantage.

Cheers

m

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Honestly speaking you are really a great writer. What I required I got it. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete