Friday 29 April 2011

Running Around Like A Headless Chook and Not Sleeping Sure Aids Weight Loss

EA Active 2 - 9 week program - medium. Workout 9.

Mon gave me EA Active 2 for Christmas. I guess she was trying to tell me something ;-). Actually fair cop I did need to lose a load of beef cake weight that I had put on in the run up to Christmas and during said festive period. I really love the workouts in EA Active and before Peter was born I managed to get through one and and a third 9 week fitness programs.

I was slightly disappointed with the second 9 week program as I think the game was designed for a single 9 week run. Reason is there are plenty of rewards to be had, as pictured below, throughout the course of the first 9 week program. You finish one of you 4 weekly workouts and at the end they give you a trivial meaningless award! During the second there seem to be none available. Not a big deal I guess but always a pleasant surprise to get an award for reaching some level through the game. And damn straight I am a hot stepper!

Damn right! I am a Hot Stepper.

So through the 12 weeks that I played the game I managed to lose 8 kilograms. Not too shabby at all. However since Peter was born I have simply been too mentally busy to dedicate 4 hours a week to do 4 workouts on EA Active 2. In fact I haven't played since Peter was born. Oh well not too worry.

I figure that I had probably put on weight since being unable to play. In reality I have had the odd spare hour to play but usually have simply been far too warn out! So today we weighed Peter to see how much of a beef cake he is becoming. I use the Wii Fit Body Test to weigh myself and figured that I could simply do this twice. Once while holding Peter, and once without. If my maths, and impossibly tired logic, is correct, the difference in weight would actually be Peter's weight ;-) So I picked up Peter and stepped on the Wii Balance Board and was pleasantly surprised that since Peter's birth, 6 weeks ago, I have only put on a single pound! Sweet!

Oh, hang on, that was while holding Peter! Sorted. His last weigh in he topped the scales at 3.6 kilograms, so wow, I have actually lost weight since his arrival. On I step again without Peter and it turns out that I have actually lost 4 kilograms since my last weigh in! Result! Peter seems to have gained all of the weight that I have put on! Poor guy ;-). Oh yeah that's good for a bubba.

I can only assume that running around like a headless chook, looking after a newborn, and not sleeping particularly well, is a good weight loss mechanism! Given Peter sleeps most of the time, as can be seen with his seeming complete disdain for the Royal Wedding, see below, it's not as if I have actually been chasing after him. When you try and fit your previous, pre-baby, life into 3 hour time slots, in and around baby feeding and nappy changing times, I guess you really have to rush! Doing this 7 or 8 times a day also probably has you burning calories, as if there is no tomorrow, when you previously were sleeping.

Peter Is Just So Excited By William and Kate's Special Day!

So there you have it. EA Active is a great solution for a 9 week burst of activity to shed a few of those unwanted kilos. In fact it's brilliant. I highly rate it. If you need the motivation provided by winning trivial awards through gameplay, then like me, gameplay might drag a little during the 2nd 9 week program you work through. Don't worry though, there's a simple solution. Just have a child and you'll continue to shed weight! ;-)

Have fun

m

2 comments:

  1. Your article is very helpful.Everyday your blog inspire me a lot and helped to develop something new like I have developed a new app :how to get spotify premium free apk november this is great and enjoyable.Thanks for the awesome posts , please keep updated regularly.

    ReplyDelete