Wednesday 20 April 2011

Spring Waits For No Man - Not Even Peter Marius!

Happy as Larry.

So gardening opportunities have been rare since the arrival of Peter Marius! Not that I am complaining what so ever! Running around like a headless chicken for the past month has been the most pleasurable headless chicken running EVA! You know its true if the word EVA is used over ever ;-)

A couple of pruning sessions, a couple of mowing sessions and some quick dashes to take a few photos when the light has been right. That being said it has been a real magical experience watching the garden evolve during the Spring, not that I have had a great deal of time to watch it that much. You turn your back for a day or two and all of a sudden another group of flowers has burst onto the scene.

So although I have not been able to spend a great deal of time in the garden I have been able to enjoy the fleeting glimpses I have been able to make! Although I have not been able to download all of the photos yet, here are a few that might brighten your spring day! Oh ... at some stage more about the results of the lawn scarifying as well. It has worked well! For now though ...

Forget me nots invading the garden

Forget Me Nots

The Daffodils singing in the Spring!

Sun Filled Daffodil

Spring Daffodil

The Furry Pulsatilla Vulgaris - Pasque Flower

Pulsatilla Vulgaris - Pasque Flower
and the glorious tulips!

Tulips in the Garden

Tulip. Colours Painted On.

Inside an Orange Tulip

and the pink tulips ;-)

Inside The Pink Tulip

OK more later, but there are more here on my Flickr Stream if you need another fix ;-)

Spring has been so special in the Garden and even more special as we have been able to share it with Peter Marius! That being said the little blighter is now making noises! Must sign off and see what the little tacker needs ;-)

Have fun and more later I hope!

Cheers

m

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. However, there will be plenty of time for gardening between visits with the grandchildren so spending time with your boy instead of in the garden is perfectly acceptable. Besides all the pictures you have posted of him are so much more fun to look at. Those are some really great flower pictures. I love forget-me-nots, but they don't grow where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEh! I will try to post more pictures of Peter later. I am sure I will at some stage. It's hard not to!

    Our garden is over run with forget me nots! I forgot how many there were in the Garden. I might have to remove some to fit in some other plants I want to get in the beds!

    Thanks for reading ;-)

    ReplyDelete