Monday 9 May 2011

Brentham Foxes Have A Flip Flop Fetish!

The Last Sandal!

OK so the picture is not quite of a flip flop, it's more of a sandal, but as a headline 'Brentham Foxes Have A Sandal Fetish' rolls off the tongue like a brick! So please work with me people! ;-) The 'Flip Flop' above, read sandal, is the last remaining one we have due to, we assume, scavenger Brentham foxes!

In September last year we went prawning off the beach just east of Yarmouth, on the Isle Of Wight. It was really a treat for my Grandfather as it was his birthday and below is an image of the catch we were able to get him. Not too shabby. Trouble is prawning involves wading through thick sticky mud, that stinks to high heaven, which is basically impossible to remove from feet and shoes that come in contact with it. Consequently we wore our sandals, which we thought would be easy to clean afterwards. Turns out this is simply not the case and the sandals still stink, or still stunk I guess as most of them are no longer with us, 8 months later!

Today's catch!

It turns out the stench of these sandals seems to be somewhat loved by the Brentham foxes! Gradually over the course of the last month our sandals have been disappearing one by one! Although I have not actually seen them being taken by foxes I am hoping that this is the only explanation? I guess there could be some other creature with a foot fetish, but I have not installed Infra-red cameras to find out. The fox explanation seems most plausible and for comforts sake it is the one I will stick to!

After finding out that my pair of sandals had disappeared, for some reason, possibly excessive tiredness impacting my logic circuits, I didn't think it an obvious thing to move Mon's sandals inside to prevent them from going the way of the dodo as well. To be fair they still stank so inside wasn't an option, but this should have at least triggered a thought that the foxes might be interested in these as well. It didn't, so one of them was missing early last week. Then this morning I wake up to see the final one in the middle of the back garden as pictured below! Perhaps the fox was interrupted while trying to get this one? Who knows!

A Stray Sandal! The Foxes At Work?

Oh well, I didn't actually like my pair of sandals so no great loss for me. I am not particularly sure that they would fit the feet of a fox, but each to their own I guess. Mon however did like hers which is a real shame as now she has to hop around for the rest of the Summer ;-)

Have fun

Cheers

m

P.S. If you see a Brentham fox about wearing three sandals, could you at least ask them to leave a note next time they borrow something? That would be great. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment