Wednesday 11 May 2011

The Last Word On Hedge Cuttings

The Third Lot of Spring 2011 Hedge Cuttings

Yeah right! Unlikely! I do need to post results based on the best approach for cuttings at some later stage ;-). I have also taken a third lot of cuttings, seen above. These I took on Saturday just before I finally got to finish off trimming the second half of the hedges. At last the wind has died down and the rain held off so I was able to get out and complete the job! With these cuttings I am going to attempt to root in water and once they have rooted I will transfer into pots. This will give me three different methods to compare for best results for next time:
  1. Bung the cuttings in a pot with standard garden compost and water regularly
  2. A more conventional method of growing cuttings, using seeding compost, vermiculite and rooting gel and
  3. Attempting to root the cuttings in water prior to following step 2 again.
Lets see which works best. Will keep you posted in the months ahead.

Have fun,

Cheers

m

Addition: So I published this on about the 12th of May. Then Blogger had its 20 plus hour outage on the 13th of MAy and it disappeared! Turns out it was put into draft mode and so was simply hidden. Oh well published again now.

1 comment:

  1. rooting gel
    Great job done by author. Information helps me a lot to improve my skills. Thanks for the author for sharing. Please keep posting.

    ReplyDelete