Sunday 22 May 2011

Not An Early Morning Kind Of Flower

Not An Early Riser! Morning Part 1

Does anyone know the name of this flower? It is really one of my favourites in my garden due to its intense orange colour and character. It burns brightly in amongst the garden green and is a real scene stealer. For the life of me I don't know what it is called. I should look harder in the weed section as I think this is probably what it is!

It really does grow like a weed and given half a chance will take over the entire garden bed if you let it. This year I cleared out half of one bed just to give some of the other plants a chance.

One of its brilliant features though is that it opens slowly through the day and really seems to have a life all of its own. The above photo is an early morning snap before it has decided that waking up might be an idea. Below is a mid morning snap, showing it slowly waking up to the warm sun.

Getting Ready To Wake - Morning Part 2

Finally by about 11 it has decided that it is finally time that it should be up and about!

Finally Awake - Morning Part 3

As I mentioned above though it really does seem to have a character all of its own. The photo below is a classic example of this. This I took last year just after moving in. Tell me it's not smiling for the camera! ;-) Love it!

Smile

Anyway, gotta dash, the little one sounds as if he is stirring!

Have fun!

Cheers

m

ADDITION

Or better yet if you turn the above photo upside down you get a frowning face. A rather distorted and dishevelled frowning face but this might be precisely why they are frowning!

Why So Unhappy?

No comments:

Post a Comment